Sunday, June 8, 2014

Wet n Wild Megalicks Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp (124)

Back with a lip product review for you guys!

      I picked up this Wet n wild Megalicks Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp (#124) at Rite Aid during a sale when it was BOGOFREE because with the deal, it was a good time to try something new. The other product I picked up was the Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Bomb. I will be doing a review on that later on so watch out for that! Back to the balm stain. This retails for $2.99 at Rite Aid and contains 0.10 oz of product. It is in the crayon, twist-up form, that is quite popular these days.









    
    
      My first thoughts when I applied this was that it was quite moisturizing and I have very dry lips. This isn't to say that it is extremely moisturizing but it doesn't dry out the lips either. It glides on smoothly and easily. Lady and the Vamp, on the lips, is a somewhat bright, yet somewhat deep berry red color that leans towards a fushia color. I expected it be a little darker due to its name "vamp," but it is a nice color for the spring and summer.  Pigmentation can be sheer to medium depending on how much you apply and the finish has a slight sheen. The formula doesn't feel heavy or thick which is nice. One thing I really like about this is that it has no taste to it whatsoever!! I did notice a slight tingly feeling upon application but that goes away very quickly.

Top Row (Left To Right): New coat, 2 hours later, First stain
Bottom Row: Second application, 2 hours later, Second lip stain


       As a note, the color looks much more vibrant in person. I tried to get as best the pictures I could with my camera.
       Looking at the pictures above, the picture in the middle is how the product looks around 2 hours after the first application and some slight drinking (I had a smoothie!). As you can see, the color started transferring to the edges of my lip and accentuating them. Not long after the 2 hours, I wiped my mouth to see how the stain looked like. The first stain really isn't all that pigmented, as seen in the third picture. I decided to continue testing it out and applied more lip product a second time. This time around, the color did not transfer to the edges of my lips as much. Lastly, you can see how the stain looks like after two applications. The stain is much more pigmented and even.
      Overall, this product does leave a nice stain behind after at least two applications. A better way of applying this product after my trial would be to apply once, leave on for a little while, blot and then reapply to get better results. Some people may not experience the transfer of color to the edges of their lips, but this did happen for me and it was not a good look. I, personally, do not think this is the best product for me, but for those who are looking for a cheap balm stain to try, this is worth a try for the price, especially when there is a sale.
      I hope this review was somewhat helpful to those looking into lip stains, particularly this one I reviewed. I have a Revlon Just Bitten lip product that I have yet to try but I will share my thoughts on it when I do! What other lip stains have you guys tried and which ones do you like? Thanks for reading, have a great day! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour of this balm stain! Sounds really good too. :)

    Olivia Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice color. Thanks for checking this post out! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colour! :)
    Ellie | eleanormaes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete