Sunday, May 18, 2014

Product Empties #2 (Sugar, St. Ives, Batiste, Korres, Lancome, and more!)

Hello again and happy Sunday! What are you guys up to? Sundays are usually lazy sundays for me.

      Today I am back with a product empties post! You can check out my first ever empties here if you're interested. :) This time I've collected quite a lot of empties for you guys and I deemed it necessary to throw out this bagful of empty containers. Don't want to be a hoarder of empty containers now, do I.



Makeup

Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation (Buff 4 - C) -- This was the first high end foundation I had ever purchased. Buff 4 is cool toned, hence the C. When I first bought it, it was a pretty good match for my skin tone, although I found that over time it didn't match my skin as much and I ended up having to mix it with another foundation that I had accidentally purchased in too dark a color for me. It is a very natural looking foundation that does give you a "lit-from-within" look like it claims. It is designed to be for all skin types and has an SPF of 15. It applied and blended easily.
Would I repurchase? While I enjoyed using this foundation, I probably will not be repurchasing this because there are so many foundations out there that I want to try. Also, with my currently sensitive and very acne-prone skin, I am on the hunt for some foundations that will work better for my skin. If you guys have any foundation suggestions for skin like mine, please let me know! :)




 
Makeup Forever Aqua Liners (13 Mat Black and 15 Iridescent Anthracite) -- Hands down, my favorite waterproof liquid eyeliners!! Love, love, love them! Non-waterproof eyeliners are a no-go for me. I will instantly smudge within minutes and look like a panda. This is the only waterproof eyeliner that doesn't smudge at all for me. It has great staying power. So great, that it is actually a little hard to take off. This formula is the kind where it removes in flakes. While this isn't ideal, I am willing to overlook that in favor of its smudge-free, long-lasting properties. I have noticed that at the beach, under the intense heat and some mild water splashing in the ocean, that the eyeliner will fade a bit but it's nothing so dramatic that a little touch-up won't immediately fix. Other than that, the pigmentation is wonderful as well.
Would I repurchase? Most definitely and already did!

Top: 13 Mat Black
Bottom: 15 Iridescent Anthracite


Ardell Natural False Lashes #124 -- I don't really wear false lashes in general because, truthfully, I am just quite lazy when it comes to making an extra effort to put these on after putting on my makeup and I have not yet mastered putting them on quickly and effortlessly, so that's that for me. I did really like these lashes because they are very natural indeed, comfortable and lightweight! I am all about the natural. Link to see a picture.
Would I repurchase? Most likely will.

All- Belle False Lashes - Red Wedding A2822 -- I got this pair of lashes from a long time ago back when I was subscribed to MyGlam, now known as Ipsy. At first I didn't care for these and it was not until around 2 months ago when I couldn't find my other false lashes for some reason and really wanted to wear a pair for a night out and remembered I had this pair lying around, did I actually use them. I no longer have the lashes so I can't personally show you how they look like, but here is a link where you can see them.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. It is not sold in stores here as far as I know.


Hair

Batiste Dry Shampoo For Dark Hair -- To keep this one simple, it is a good dry shampoo. No white, powdery residue or cast. Gives some volume and doesn't have a strong scent. You can check out a post I did comparing this with two other dry shampoos here.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. There are more dry shampoos out there that I haven't tried yet.


Skincare & Lipcare



Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturiser -- For oily to combination skin. I have the latter. I really enjoyed this moisturizer. It was my preferred moisturizer in the winter when I have stubbornly dry, flaky skin. It has a mild scent which I like and it did not leave behind a greasy or oily feeling.
Would I repurchase? Probably not only because I'm always looking to try something new and my skin does get used to products over time. If you are looking for a good moisturizer for combination skin, I think this is worth a try.

Murad White Brilliance Wrinkle and Pore Refining Treatment --  This was a sample sized product I got from a Sephora order. I was eager to try this because due to my long battle with acne, my skin was quite damaged with enlarged pores, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and extreme redness. I didn't see any great changes in my pore sizes and I can't speak for any wrinkle improvements since I don't have those.
Would I purchase the regular size product? No. Overall, I didn't see too great a change in my skin's complexion. Granted it was a deluxe sample size so maybe a longer period of time may have produced changes, but for the price tag, I would try something else a little more affordable.

Sugar Lip Treatment -- with SPF 15. A deluxe sample sized product that I got awhile ago from a Sephora's birthday gift. It was exciting to get to try this after hearing so many positive reviews about this product. It is definitely very moisturizing. However, I wasn't a fan of the smell or taste. I don't know how to describe it but it just wasn't for me.
Would I purchase the regular size product? No. The taste or smell of it was definitely a con for me.


Personal Care


Sensodyne's Proenamel Fresh Breath Toothpaste -- Unfortunately, I do have sensitive teeth on one side of my mouth. Not too much to say on toothpaste, besides that it does help with some of the sensitivity. 
Would I repurchase? Likely. It works.

Crest 3D White Toothpaste in Radiant Mint -- Even though I have sensitive teeth on one side of the mouth, I do not find this to trigger or worsen the sensitivity. I find that it does whiten my teeth slightly so that's good enough for me. Obviously, it's nothing major but I do notice a difference when I'm not using this and then go back to using it.
Would I repurchase? Already did!

Systane Eye Drops for Contacts -- This is my second bottle which means that I do find this product more effective than others. I've tried various kinds of eye drops designed for contacts but my extremely dry eyes seem to only find this one more effective which is why I've stuck with this one for quite awhile.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I am currently trying out a different brand to see how it goes because Systane's for contacts is one of the pricier eye drops, so I want to try some different ones and see if there are other comparable ones. 

St. Ive's Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash -- Made with natural ingredients and 100% paraben free? Sounds good to me! Not to mention, it smells great! 
Would I repurchase? Likely.

      Thanks for checking out my blog and reading this post! This was another lengthy one. I hope it was helpful. Check out my Instagram instagram.com/beautopiaxoxo and Twitter @beautopiaxoxo. As always, have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I had the Sugar Lip Treatment too! I also wasn't too in love with it. I think I'll just stick to my regular lip balm, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same, good to know I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  2. great empties!! i've tried the sugar lip treatment and the st ives body wash :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete