Monday, March 3, 2014

Product Empties #1! (Herbal Essences, Neutrogena, Body Shop, Eos, Swisspers, Maybelline Mascaras, Dove)

Back with a new post! Can you believe it's March already?

      My first ever product empties post! Who else feels extremely satisfied when a product is used up?? I sure do! I'm always glad I used something up and used up my money's worth, although at the same time if it's something I like, it's a little sad knowing I'll have to buy another one. Haha. Here's a look at some products I've used up over the span of a few months and my thoughts on them.



Makeup
I didn't actually use up these mascaras but I thought I'd include them in this empties post since I was going to throw them out anyway. I had gotten a stye and I thought it best to throw out any eye products I had used around that time. I did use up most of each though, I do know that. All of the mascaras are in the color very black and are waterproof. I always need to use the waterproof formulas for any mascara because the regular ones will definitely leave me with panda eyes which isn't a pretty sight. Waterproof formulas are so hard to remove but at the expense of not looking like a raccoon what other choice do I have? The compromise.

Maybelline Rocket Volume Express in Very Black (Waterproof) -- I really liked this mascara! I know there are mixed reviews on this but I really liked it. I used this mainly for the volume. I paired this with the Maybelline Lash Stilleto and together they gave me lashes! I have short, thin lashes so a single mascara alone doesn't do it for me. No clumps and easy to apply. I would definitely repurchase this in the future.
Maybelline the Falsies in Very Black (Waterproof) -- Who doesn't like the Falsies?? If you need volume, this mascara will give you that!
Maybelline Lash Stilleto Voluptuous in Very Black (Waterproof) -- This mascara didn't really give me any volume but it did give me length. It isn't one of my favorite mascaras but it worked well enough with a mascara that primarily gives volume because together that would give me volume and length.


Hair
Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo in Rose -- Herbal Essences is my favorite brand of shampoo. They always have amazing smelling shampoos! I've tried many different brands of drugstore shampoos but this brand is the one that works the best for me. It does the job of cleaning my hair and making it smell good too. I was glad they brought this collection back for awhile and I was able to purchase one.



Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Shampoo -- Another Herbal Essences product! I wasn't kidding when I said Herbal Essences is my go-to brand! :) This one smelled great too. It has argan oil and is supposed to help provide moisture to dull, damaged hair. Now my hair isn't really damaged or anything like that but my hair could do with a little added moisture, especially in these cold winter months. This was one of the newer collections so when I saw it, I decided to give it a try. While I liked this product, out of the Herbal Essences' products I've tried, this wasn't a favorite of mine because for some reason, I just felt like it didn't clean my hair as well as some other ones.

Face
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit -- I have extremely acne-prone skin and am sadly always breaking out. While I haven't yet found a cleanser or holy grail product for my acne problems, this product is one of the few products that seems to help at least a little bit. It is a very drying product. I have just recently purchased two new Neutrogena acne washes, the redness soothing one and the original one.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion -- As you can see, I have finished up two of these. Even though it says night lotion, I use it in the morning most times too because I find it to be lightweight and moisturizing enough to use throughout the day. Did I see any improvements in my blemishes? I honestly can't say I've seen any great changes. My blemishes have faded a teeny tiny bit but that could be from time too, so it's kind of hard to tell. Will I repurchase this in the future? I may because I felt that these products didn't really break me out and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy which is really important to me. They are a little pricey for the amount of product you get, so it's much better to get these when they have a sale of some sort.

Skin
Eos Hand Lotion in Berry Blossom -- I liked that this product smelled nice and light. However, it is not very moisturizing and definitely does not suffice in the winter months. It would work fine in the warmer times for those with skin that isn't too dry. I would not repurchase this because I definitely need more moisturizing hand lotions.

Dove Visible Care Softening Creme Body Wash -- It claims to to give "visibly more beautiful skin in just one week." I don't know about that statement but I did feel like my skin wasn't as dry. This isn't to say lotion can be foregone but my skin was less dry even on those lazy days I don't put lotion on. It smells nice like other Dove or Olay washes. I would repurchase this product but I like to try new things so we'll see.

Miscellaneous
Swisspers 100% Cotton Rounds -- I thought I'd throw this in since I did use this up. There's not too much to say about this. Just your regular cotton rounds. These these tend to pull apart and leave fluff behind when you use them to remove nail polish. They work fine when you want to use them to apply toners or remove makeup. I'm not too picky when it comes to cotton rounds. Would I repurchase these? Honestly, I'd probably just buy whatever's cheapest or on sale.

      This post was sort of lengthy but I hope you guys enjoyed this post and that some of you found this helpful. :) Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have goober short lashes. Do you know of a good one that lengthens and adds volume without being clumpy and available in local drug stores?

    http://sbbeautydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have super short lashes too and they're thin. I haven't found one mascara that works in both lengthening and volumizing even when they claim to do both. The only way it works better for me is using a lash primer and then using two different mascaras, one that is good at lengthening and another at volumizing. That may sound like a lot. haha In general, I've found most of the Maybelline mascaras to be non-clumpy. Sorry I couldn't really answer your question exactly.

      Delete