Sunday, May 25, 2014

I Love Drugstore Makeup Tag

Hello everyone!

      I have seen YouTubers and some bloggers do this tag and thought I would do this too so you guys could get to know me a little better, in terms of my thoughts regarding certain drugstore makeup products! This will be my first tag and a little something that is different from what I usually post.


1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?

Well, I’m kind of split between a couple, but I guess I would have to go with Revlon considering I have a few more products from them than the others.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

For the face, I would have to go with Rimmel London’s Stay Matte pressed powder right now. It really does set your foundation and mattify the face. It doesn’t look cakey and provides good coverage.
                           
For the cheek, I’m not a big blush person but I would go with Wet n Wild’s Coloricon Blusher in Heather Silk. It is very pigmented that you only need a light dusting of it and it’s just a nice, natural looking pink color.

My favorite lip products would have to be the Revlon Lip Butters and the L’oreal Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stains.

3.  Least favorite product?

I no longer have these in my possession but I had purchased those Maybelline Baby Lips a long time ago and I could not stand the smell/taste of them!

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

I think NYC’s Bronzer in Sunny and Elf’s bronzer in Sunkissed are bargains! Super pigmented bronzers that are cheap!

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

I don’t know if this really counts but I really like the L’oreal Caresse Wet Shine Stains. I know there are mixed reviews on these products and most of them are more on the negative side but I personally really like them because they are so pigmented and leave a nice stain behind. They’re not too tacky like some gloss-like lip products can be.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

I don't have a specific in mind, but I think certain foundations, such as from Revlon and Covergirl & Olay, are kind of overpriced for a drugstore product.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

I don’t have any or haven’t found any.

8. Drugstore product that isn’t worth the hype?

I personally don’t think the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles is worth the hype because I found it to settle and accentuate fine lines. The coverage was so-so as well.


I hope you guys enjoyed this post/ tag and anyone who is interested should do this too! Let me know some of your answers to these questions. :)


10 comments:

  1. Great post, you have an amazing blog here.
    Kelly xo
    http://www.beautynthenails.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot and for checking out my blog! I'm still new at all this so I still have some ways to go! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'm definitely going to do this tag, I am well and truly a drugstore kinda girl!
    Ellie | eleanormaes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I think it's fun to do these tags once in awhile. :)

      Delete
  3. Great tag, i must try it sometime!
    Cute blog <3

    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot and you should! I saw the Would You Rather Tag on your blog, I'm going to have to do that one someday. :)

      Delete
  4. I've never done a tag post before, but I love trying drugstore brands so maybe I should try this one!
    Great post! I also hate Baby Lips lol

    CKelly
    http://ckellyblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! You should give this tag a go. I think tags in general are fun to do once in awhile and it allows you to share more of your thoughts with other people. :) Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't like the baby lips because so many people seem to enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. I am thinking do this tag. I am totalky in Rimmel London lipsticks.
    Www.tobelikealady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I've actually never tried any lipsticks by Rimmel before.

      Delete