Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 2014 Birchbox Unboxing!

Can you believe it's May already? Time really seems to fly and it always surprises me.

      This month's box is Kate Spade Saturday themed with the colors yellow, black and white.

 


1) Gilchrist & Soames - Spa Therapy Body Lotion -- In last month's box, I got something from this brand too and it was a body wash. You can never say no to body lotion!  
Value: $2.53, 1.35 fl oz., [Regular: $15, 8 oz.] For more info: here

2) Marcelle - BB Cream Golden Glow -- I am not usually a fan of BB creams because I find them to be a little too heavy and oily for my skin. From my swatch of this, it is quite shimmery and is not something I would use for my entire face. It does give the skin a nice slightly tanned, glowy look. It would look really nice as a highlighter or over a matte bronzer.
Value: $4.73, 0.28 oz., [Regular: $27, 1.6 oz.] More info: here


3) Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Silver Eyeliner --  I really like using silver eyeliners to line my lower lids or accentuate the inner corners of the eyes, so when I saw that I got a silver one, I was quite pleased. From a swatch, it seems to apply quite easily and is very pigmented.
Value: $12, 0.03 oz., [Regular: $16, 0.04 oz] More info: here



4) Number 4 High Performance Hair Care - Volumizing Shampoo -- My fine hair can do with some volumizing! Thumbs up for being sulfate-free and botanical-rich.
Value: $4, 1.0 oz., [Regular: $34, 8.5 oz] More info: here

      * As a bonus, Birchbox also included a sample of Number 4's Volumizing Condition, a 0.25 fl oz. sized product. [Regular: $36, 8.5 oz]

5) This month's Lifestyle Extra is sample packet containing 2 gummy vitamins from Smarty Pants.
Value: $0.33 [Regular: 180 count for $29.99]

      Thanks for checking out my post and taking a peek at what I got this month! Check out my Instagram instagram.com/beautopiaxoxo and show it some love. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I got similar products in my June box... I just signed up for BB. I didn't realize that they use the same products throughout the year and just vary them in diff people's boxes. Kind of annoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I realized that too over time and from seeing what other people have gotten, but I'm okay with it as long as I don't get duplicates. Have you subscribed to anything else before?

      Delete