Monday, April 14, 2014

Dry Shampoo Reviews - Psssst!, Batiste (Dark & Deep Brown), Suave Keratin Infusion

      Who else thinks dry shampoo is a lifesaver? I certainly do! Especially since I have long, fine and straight hair, second day hair is quite obvious. Today, I will be doing a review on three dry shampoos that I have tried so far and give you an overview on each of them: Psssst!, Suave Keratin Infusion, and the ever popular Batiste in Dark & Deep Brown.



     
      I'm going to start off with the Sauve Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo for all hair types. This retails around $3-4 in drugstores and contains 5 oz of product. This was the first dry shampoo I had ever purchased and in the beginning, I thought that I liked it. However, over time, I found that I didn't really like the smell of the product (I can't really describe how it smells like) and that it didn't seem to do all that much for my second day hair in terms of helping with the oiliness and adding some volume. The scent is kind of strong and definitely lingers which isn't all that appealing for me. Also, it does leave a white residue and the more product you use the more of a white cast you get and that is a BIG con. At that time, considering it was my first dry shampoo ever, it was a little hard to base my thoughts on it without other comparisons.

      The second dry shampoo I had purchased was the Batiste Dry Shampoo for dark hair after I had heard many people rave about it. I decided to get the one with a hint of dark and deep brown since I didn't want to deal with the possibility of white residue in the original ones. I purchased mine from Marshalls for $5.99, containing 6.73 fl oz of product. For this, you don't want to spray too close to the scalp because you will be able to see the color on your scalp if you happen to have your hair parted there. I can't describe this scent as well, but it is definitely not as strong as the Suave one. It did help with removing most of the grease and did give some volume.


      Lastly, my thoughts on Psssst! First off, what an interesting name! I decided to purchase this after a friend told me good things about it and I have to say, I was not disappointed. This is a 5.3 oz product that retails for ~$6-$7. It has a very light scent which is a pro for anyone that is sensitive to scents or just doesn't want their hair to smell oddly perfumed. A BIG PRO! NO WHITE RESIDUE!! I was very, very happy with this discovery. It also gave me some volume and revived my second day hair quite well. FYI, this product was not tested on animals, as stated on the can.

      Overall, out of these three dry shampoos I have tried, you can probably tell that the Psssst! is my favorite one and the Suave Keratin one is my least favorite. I will definitely not be repurchasing the Suave one. As of now, Psssst is my favorite dry shampoo and one I will most likely repurchase unless I try and find something else that works even better for my hair.
      So, those are my thoughts on these products! I hope this was helpful, especially to those who are unsure of which ones to try if they've never tried or to those looking to try something different from what they've been using. I know there are a lot of dry shampoos out on the market now. Which ones have you guys tried and what are your thoughts on them? :)  Ps, you can check me out or follow me on twitter and instagram, links are on the side! Have a great day!

2 comments: