Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms (Coquette and Enticing)

Hey everyone!

      I finally picked up the new Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms at CVS. I chose 150 Enticing and 110 Coquette. They retail around $9.49 - $10.49 in drugstores from what I saw. I have never tried a crayon- like lip balm so this was new and interesting to me.
110 Coquette and 150 Enticing


amount of product, 2.7 g weight
Left: Enticing, Right: Coquette
Top: Coquette
Bottom: Enticing


Coquette is a soft, baby pink that should look flattering on most people. It is not too bright or overwhelming. I was a little weary that it might be too blue-toned but it surprisingly was not. It had a minty feeling when I first put it on that gave my lips a cooling sensation. Is this how lip plumpers feel like? It contains sparkles which you can see in the second picture above.

Enticing is a slightly deep, candy apple red. It's not too bright but very pigmented. I was worried that it would be too bright of a red but it wasn't and is a very flattering color. This also contains sparkles but they aren't very apparent on the lips. It appears a little more pigmented and darker on the lips than as shown in the picture above.

Pros:
  • Moisturizing, not drying, not sticky
  • Creamy and pigmented
  • Nice, shiny packaging; easy to twist up and down
  • No bleeding
  • Easy to apply 
  • Product
Cons:
  • Not that great for dry lips, especially the lighter colors
  • Staying power isn't very long, especially the lighter colors

They both do have a minty taste/ feeling to them, the Coquette one more so than Enticing for some reason. This could be a con for some people.

Overall, I was pleased with them. I think they're interesting products to try if you've never tried crayon lip products before. The formula and pigmentation exceeded expectations. Considering it is a balm and not a stain, the lasting power is about what you would expect of a lip balm. For the price though, I'd say wait for a sale or see if there is someplace that sells them for a little cheaper. So these are my thoughts, have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. ooo i want to try this now!!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shade "Enticing" looks really nice.
    I've seen the Revlon Colorburst balms but not the lacquer ones.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them in all drugstores by now and in Target too. I'm sure you'll see them around somewhere soon, probably ran out of the lacquer ones when you went. :)

      Delete
  3. the redone looks gorgeous :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete