Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Julie G's Peep Toe Pumps and L'oreal Magic Topcoat "The Holographic"

Happy New Year everyone!!


      I did my nails for the new year so I thought that warranted a post. :)  I've never owned or tried a Julie G polish before but I picked this up awhile ago at Rite Aid when there was a good deal. It was $3 and there was a $3 UP Reward backs so I thought I'd give it a try. The berry color was what drew me to this one. I was surprised and pleased with how easily and smoothly the formula applied. People with smaller nails may be able to get away with one coat. It is quite opaque for one coat. I applied two coats because for my nails I find that two coats are usually needed for full opacity. It was a very nice berry color, purplish with red tones. It's a very nice color all year round I think, but especially for the fall and winter. In the first picture, it appears redder on the nails than it does in person. I couldn't quite get the camera to capture the color exactly as it appears.

Peep Toe Pumps by Julie G
Left: One Coat
Right: Two Coats




      I got a L'oreal Magic Topcoat awhile ago too that I never got around to trying so I decided to try it out on top of this nail color. It took me awhile to find this polish after it was available for purchase. I finally found it in Target where it retailed for around $7 if I remember correctly. What you will get from this polish are mostly blue holographic flakes. The flakes will leave your polish not smooth and  with a dull finish, so for those who love their nails with a shiny finish, a top coat will be needed. I used Essie's Good to Go Top Coat. My initial thought was that I wasn't too impressed with how you only manage to get a few flakes with one coat. I needed two coats to get the amount of flakes as seen in the photo and that's still not a lot. Looking at the bottle, it seemed as if one coat would produce a lot of flakes. However, I do like how the holographic flakes look on my nails. They give the nail polish a cool dimension.
Left: the holographic (L'oreal Magic Topcoat)
Right: Peep Toe Pumps (Julie G)






2 Coats of Peep Toe Pumps by Julie G,
2 coats of 'the holographic' L'oreal Magic Top Coat



      I hope everyone has a great New Year's! Stay safe, warm and be merry! Hello 2014!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking it out!
    Sure! :) following you now on bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color!!

    Enter the giveaway on my blog! I'ts great!!
    http://berrytrendy.com/2014/01/08/dresslily-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Julie G one!

    http://stacysstylesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete