Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 2013 Birchbox Unboxing!

Hi everyone!

      I've been busy for most of December with school, finals, the holidays and such which is why I have not posted anything in awhile. That is also why this December Birchbox post is quite late too considering it is almost Christmas, but better late than never right?
      First thought when I got this package was that the packaging is different and holiday themed! Usually, it comes in a pink cardboard box but this month's is gold with a little Happy Holidays design. The actual box is also different too. It says "Sparkle and Shine" which is cute and the inside has gold stripes.




      First product, the Non Aerosol Hairspray by Number 4. According to the little description card I got that comes with every Birchbox telling you what you've got, it says that it is an "earth-friendly, botanical-rich spray that gives you flexible hold (read: no crunchiness)." Well, no crunchiness is always a plus! I don't own many hair spray products myself since I don't do my hair all that often so this is a nice addition to my non-existent collection.  Value: 30 ml (1 fl. oz), $4.50  [Regular: Full size 200 ml, $30]

Non Aerosol Hairspray by Number 4 (30 ml)
      Sheer Glo in Birchbox Love by Manna Kadar Cosmetics -- "Exclusive to Birchbox, this pearly lotion creates a dewy, fresh-from-the spa glow." I dabbed a small amount on my hand and there isn't too much pigmentation but I can see a faint pinkish tinge with quite a lot of sparkles. It might make a nice, subtle highlighter for those who want a more natural glow. Value: 0.27 oz (8 ml), ~$7.80 [Regular: 30 ml / 1 fl. oz., $29]
Sheer Glo in Birchbox Love by Manna Kadar Cosmetics (0.27 oz)
      Body Butter in Morelia Monarch Scent by Camille Beckman -- "A handcrafted formula that softens skin with shea butter, sweet almond oil, and glycerin." Value: 0.25 oz, ~$0.71 [Regular: 5.25 oz, $15]
Body Butter in Morelia Monarch Scent by Camille Beckman (0.25 oz)
      Nail polish by Color Club in Dark N' Stormy -- a gunmetal gray color from the Cocktail Collection. I don't have any color like this in my nail polish collection so this is something different. Value: 0.25 fl oz, $4 [Regular: 0.5 fl oz, $8]
Dark N' Stormy by Color Club (7 ml / 0.25 fl oz)
      Lastly, the beauty extra was a Bliss Incredi-'peel'! -- Spa- strength glycolic resurfacing pads. "Spa-grade pads that gently soothe and retexturize overnight to reveal even, radiant skin. A pack of $30 of these pads retail at $49.
Bliss Incredi-'peel'!
      Overall, in terms of value this box is worth about $17 not including the Bliss pad. I was not overally excited about this month's box because the products I received did not appeal to me all that much. I've wondered about the Bliss peel before so it's nice that I have one to try out now and the nail polish is also a nice color.  I hope next month's box will contain more products that I'll like. It's going to be January soon! How time flies. I hope you all have a great holiday! :)

2 comments: