Tuesday, August 5, 2014

First Impression: NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie (BLS12)

      Today, I am doing a first impression on the NYX butter lipstick. I really like the Revlon lip butters so when I heard that NYX came out with butter lipsticks too awhile ago, I had been wanting to try them too. I decided to just get one of them and grabbed it in the color, Little Susie, which is a bright, yet deep pink that looked like it would be quite pigmented. It normally retails for $5.99 at Ulta, but I got this during a 40% sale.




 The colors of the first three pictures turned out a little redder than they are in person.
 



      Little Susie is a beautiful color with a little shine to it and is very pigmented. From the initial application, it feels moisturizing but I did not fully test it out to see how long the moisturization lasts and such. The one and only but most important con for me was the taste of the lipstick. It tasted chemically or plastic-like, which I could not stand. From looking at the other lipstick colors and from trying this one, I can tell that NYX butter lipsticks are more pigmented than the Revlon lip butters. However, I definitely still prefer the Revlon lip butters because they don't have such a bad taste to them. While their colors are more natural, pigmentation can be built up and they provide decent moisturization. I know a lot of people like these lipsticks, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me.
      Have you tried these before and if so, what are your thoughts on them? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment