Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polishes - Through the Grapevine and Candy-licious

      Today, I wanted to mention two nail polish colors by Wet n Wild that I have owned for a long time and really like, Through the Grapevine and Candy-licious. They are super affordable and for the price, the quality and wear time is surprisingly great. The versions I have are quite old and the packaging has been changed with a little more product. Whether or not the formula has changed, I cannot say since I haven't tried them but looking at pictures online, the colors look the same. The ones I have contains 0.30 fl oz of product and retailed for $1.00 back then if I remember correctly. The newer versions now contain 0.45 fl oz of product and retail for ~$1.50 - $1.90. You can see those here.

Please excuse my cuticles!



I used L'oreal's Magic Top Coat in Holographic on my ring finger as an accent. Unfortunately, it did not really turn out so great or as expected. It didn't work too well with the color of this polish and this polish in general. I have a small review on the topcoat if you are interested.


Left: Directly under artifical white light
Right: Not directly under (normal)


      Through the Grapevine is a lovely purple color that has berry undertones that works for spring and fall. Candy-licious is a bubble gum pink that has just the right amount of pink without it being too bright. How it looks like in person can be seen in the second picture above. What I like about these polishes are that they are really easy to apply and dry quite quickly. Two coats will give you full opacity and the colors are very rich. In terms of longevity, you will be able to go at least a whole week without any chipping. Like I said before, for the price, the quality of these polishes are amazing. These are usually my go-to polishes when I don't want to spend too much time on my nails or am in a rush to have my nails done.
      I hope you enjoyed this polish post. Let me know your thoughts below if you've tried these before or if you have some low-budget polish favorites! :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment