Monday, April 21, 2014

April 2014 Birchbox Unboxing!

The monthly Birchbox unboxing!

      There's the saying, "April showers bring May flowers." This month, Birchbox went with a rainy day theme and even the tissue paper was blue. As usual, I got 4 samples, along with one extra, in this case, a lifestyle extra. FYI, I will include links after each product if you are interested in checking them out or are looking for more information.


 
   
      Birchbox has this 52 Bright Ideas for a Rainy Day and I got tip #30, which is "Grab a friend and get mani-pedis at your favorite salon. You have to catch up on all your US Weekly reading, after all." Cute idea. Now on to the products.


1) Color Club - Gala's Gems Collection - Aquamarine Azulino -- First off, I noticed that Color Club seems to have changed its logo. I am not normally a blue nail polish kind of person because I don't tend to find blues flattering on my skin tone. It is a nice, pastel blue color with a pearl finish to it though. 
Value: $3.25 (1 mini bottle), [Regular: Set of 4 for $13] For more info: here

2) Gilchrist & Soames - Spa Therapy Body Wash -- I have never heard of this brand, so this is something new. It smells light and fresh. It is infused with marine extracts that are supposed to leave the skin smooth and hydrated.
Value: $2.53, 1.35 fl oz., [Regular: $15, 8 oz.] More info: here

3) Paula's Choice - RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator --  It is suitable for normal, oily and combination skin, according to the packaging. It is a "silky gel-cream" that "hydrates and firms, fades red marks caused by breakouts, and repairs multiple signs of aging." The fading red marks caused by breakouts part is definitely suitable for me! Acne problems. From testing a little bit of it on my hand, it feels very lightweight and not greasy which is great.
Value: $7.94, 0.5 fl oz., [Regular: $27, 1.7 oz] More info: here


4) theBalm cosmetics - How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream -- This product  normally comes in a palette of 6. I got Pie. The other ones are Cider, Cobbler, Crisp, Candy and Caramel.
[Regular: Palette = $36]



5) Lastly, the Lifestyle Extra. KIND Snacks - Healthy Grains Bar - Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt --  I've never had a KIND bar before so this is something I look forward to trying and it's a regular sized bar on top of it.
Value: $0.79 [Regular: 15 count for $11.88]

      Looking forward to trying this month's products. Hope you enjoyed taking a look at what I got this month in my Birchbox! PS Check out my Instagram and follow for frequent posting of pictures. Link on the right side.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment