Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 2014 Favorites


Hello everyone!

      Can you believe it's July already?? I feel like my summer has just started. Today's post will be my first favorites post featuring some some items I have been using for quite awhile now and some newer acquisitons.



  • Victoria's Secret Bombshell Perfume -- Hands down, my all-time favorite perfume! It smells amazing!! It has a strong fruity, floral scent that isn't overwhelming and it lasts for the whole day. It does linger and become more subtle throughout the day. The scent is one I would describe as somewhat sexy, hence the "bombshell" name. Simply put, I love this perfume.
  •  
  • The Body Shop - Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream -- This is a product I have used a long time ago but had stopped using until the past month again. My skin adapts to products very easily so I can't use the same products over and over again even if I really like it. I started using this again when the warmer weather began. It is for combination or oily skin and has "shine-control moisturization with oil-balancing technology." It does keep me relatively matte for the majority of the day but I do start getting oily after around 7-8 hours of wear. Regardless, I have been using this everyday because it provides just enough moisture for my skin without being heavy and hasn't caused me to breakout. As a note, I do still breakout a lot but this product itself has not caused more breakouts to occur.
  • Paula's Choice - Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator -- I received this sample in one of my Birchboxes and I was pretty pleased with this product. Due to my constant acne, my skin is pretty scarred and damaged, so when I saw that this is supposed to help fade red marks caused by breakouts and help hydrate and firm the skin, I was excited to try this. I use this every night after I wash my face. I did notice that my skin feels more supple after using this moisturizer and I feel like my red marks have improved a little. I did not see drastic changes but since I saw some improvement which is not something I see often with a lot of products, this earned a spot in my monthly favorites.
  • Clinique Redness Solutions - Instant Relief Mineral Pressed Powder with Probiotic Technology -- I have quite extreme redness all over the face due to acne and sensitive skin so I wanted to try something that would help relieve it a little, at least during the days I'm too lazy or tired to go out with foundation. This did not hide all the redness for me, but it definitely calmed the redness down a little which is a win for me. Even a little improvement is good enough for me at this point. Also, it didn't cause breakouts.

  • Elf Kabuki Brush -- I've had this brush for ages and have currently been using it with the Clinique Redness Solutions powder. The bristles are very dense and it allows you to cover all areas of your face with a powder very easily. It is also very soft and with its price tag, it's totally worth it. 
  • L'oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain -- I've always loved these wet shine stains from L'oreal. Recently, I've been gravitating towards the one in Pink Resistance. It's a simple, glossy pink. With the summer months and longer days out, I've opted more for longer-lasting formulations. It's glossy without being too sticky and doesn't have a bad taste to it. 

  • Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips --  Honestly, I'm not a fan of the taste of this but it's not unbearable for me for now and I have been using it for the past month or so, so I wanted to throw this in here as well. I like that it's small and portable, perfect for those days or times when you don't want to wear too much but still want a little hint of color.

      I hope you enjoyed my first favorites post. What did you guys think and what are your current favorites? Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    antonella:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are such twinsies!! I love all of this stuff. Have not tried the clinique powder but now that you've introduced it to me i am interested, because I have red pigmentation as well. How would you say it does with oiliness?? thanks for the post!!

    xx
    themstudio13.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D! Thanks for checking my post out and it's great to know you enjoy those products too! In terms of oiliness, I can't speak about that 100% because I have been using The Body Shop's mattifying moisturizer underneath it so that affects my oiliness and I have combination skin. It does seem to provide some mattifying properties but not that much, so I don't think this product would work well for those with oily skin. As an additional note, it doesn't provide a lot of coverage for the redness which has been mentioned in product reviews I've seen, but in my case, it did seem to calm it down a little so it was good enough for me but for others may not be worth it. I would say it's a very hit or miss product. I've also tried it underneath foundation and I do notice some difference. I hope that was helpful!

      Delete
  3. never tried any of this, thanks for sharing!

    xx danielle
    fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking this out! I know scents is very subjective but you should try out the bombshell perfume and see if you like it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the l'oreal lip stains!! It's good to know other people like them too. I'm intrigued by that perfume now, I might have to give it a sniff next time I'm in VS.
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete