Friday, February 14, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox Unboxing!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

     It's already almost the midst of February, how time flies doesn't it? Here's my monthly Birchbox unboxing post and a look at the things I got. This month Birchbox collaborated with Us Weekly




Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultra-light Antioxidant Concentrate Serum 
This product was super greasy for me and didn't absorb well. I really did not like this product.
Value: $5.10, 0.17 fl oz. [Regular: $30, 1 oz]

Sarahpotempa - The Half Up
This is a tool used to help create half-up dos or low buns  perfect for short or fine hair according to the packaging. I found it very hard to use and not good for short or fine hair. It was hard to do a low bun for me because I have quite a lot of hair. Overall, I was not impressed with this product.
Value: $9

W3ll People - Universalist Multi-Use Color Stick in #8 Dusty Rose
This product is meant for the eyes, cheeks and lips. Made from all natural ingredients and infused with organic aloe. I think it's great that it's comrpised of all natural ingredients, but I don't care much for this product that just adds color. I tried this on my lips and didn't like the taste of it.
Value: could not determine since weight was not included with sample package
[Regular: $33, 10 g]

Whish - Three Wishes Body Butter
Another product I'll be able to throw into my bag due to its size! Smells nice and fresh.
Value: $3.52, 22 ml  [Regular: $24, 150 ml]

This month's beauty extra was two tea samples from Harney & Sons Fine Teas. They are single silken wrapped satchets. I got one in White Vanilla Grapefruit and another in Paris (which consists of black tea with fruit and caramel.)
Value: $0.96 for 2 satchels  [Regular: $9.60 for 20 satchels]

      Overall, I was not impressed with this month's box and it was a miss for me. I didn't like the products and am only interested in the tea samples and the body butter. As usual, the box, in terms of value is over the $10 paid for. I know that not every box will be a hit for everyone, but hopefully, the next box with contain more products to my liking. 
      Thanks for checking out my post! I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful Valentine's Day. If you like what you see here on my blog, follow or leave comments! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunate to hear you were disappointed with the box.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete