Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 2013 Birchbox Unboxing!

      I have been subscribed to Birchbox for about a year now. I haven't had any issues or strong dislikes to make me want to stop my subscription. I like being surprised and getting to try products that normally I would never try or have the opportunity to try.
     On to this November's box!


      My first thought when I got the box was, "Wow! This is my heaviest box yet!" and that was due to the sea salt spray in there which I will mention first. The product is called This is a Sea Salt Spray by Davines. It contains 100 ml or 3.38 fl oz. The regular size is 250 ml and retails at $27. This makes this sample product worth ~$11. It has a very nice fresh smell that I can't put my finger on, but it does remind me of the beach.
This is a Sea Salt Spray by Davines (100 ml or 3.38 fl oz)

      Eyeko Black Magic Mascara -- (Drama & Curl), "Using a unique paraben-free formula blending keratin and shea butter with a water-resistant carbon black finish." The words water-resistant are the most important for me! I've heard good things about this mascara but have never tried it myself. It is a 4ml (0.13 fl oz) sized sample. [Regular: 0.29 oz, $24.] Sample value: ~$11
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (4 ml)


      BeeKind Body Lotion -- w/ honey and organic chamomile extracts. The convenient size will allow me to carry this in my bag, hello soft hands! It has a nice, fresh, not too strong smell to it and smells like lemons to me. It is also lightweight which is always a plus for me. 30 ml size. Value: ~$2 [Regular: 8 oz, $15]
BeeKind Body Lotion (30 ml)


      Derma e Samples (Evenly Radiant Cleaner, Evenly Radiant Night Creme, Evenly Radiant Serum) -- for age reverse, natural ingredients. All have a net weight of 0.12 oz (3.5 g).


      Lastly, I got 3 tea samples which I'm excited to try because I have developed a liking for teas although I am quite picky about them. I got Raspberry Indulgence, English Tea I, and Jasmine Romance. They are by the brand Ahmad Tea London. 40 of these teabags retail at $7.00.


      In terms of value, this box has a value over the $10 paid for the box. These are all products I have never tried before, some I've never even heard of so I'm excited to try them. If you like to try new things and be surprised each month, I'd say give Birchbox a try. If there are some products you don't like or wish to try yourself, they can always make great stocking stuffers and such! If you don't like it overall, you can always unsubscribe. The only other subscription service I've tried is MyGlam, now called Ipsy. I cancelled that subscription after a couple of months because I did not like the products I got and I did not think the quality overall was so great. I will definitely be sticking with Birchbox for awhile longer and will update you guys on future boxes!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You got so many good products, I really want to try thoughs teas :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete