Sunday, September 7, 2014

Product Empties #3 (Herbal Essences, St. Ives, Neutrogena, Aussie, Paula's Choice and more...)

Another bag full of empty products means another empties post!



Skincare

Paula's Choice - Resist Anti-aging Clear Skin Hydrator -- I received this sample in one of my Birchboxes and I was very interested in trying this because it said that it helps fade red marks caused by acne which was definitely a problem I had been experiencing. While this did not totally solve my redness problem, it didn't aggravate it either and didn't seem to cause me to breakout more.
Would I repurchase/ purchase the full size product? Probably not because I didn't see dramatic results so I would like to try other products that may produce better results.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Redness Soothing) -- I have used this product before in the past and since I had run out of the pomegranate one, I decided to go and give this a try again since I was experiencing extreme redness throughout the face due to acne. It didn't do all that much for my redness and was average at helping keep my acne at bay.
Would I repurchase? Maybe, but if I do, it wouldn't be for a long while.

Vaseline - Spray & Go Moisturizer in Aloe Fresh -- I use this during the summer since it is not moisturizing enough for me in the winter but works for me in the summer. The spray can is an interesting concept, meant to deliver lotion quickly and effortlessly. The formula is a little watery which may bother some people but it didn't bother me.
Would I repurchase? Maybe in the future. I do have another one of these, but in cocoa butter in my drawer already from a past purchase.


Hair

Herbal Essences - Long term Relationship Shampoo -- I have used this product a long time ago and it seemed to produce better results the first time I used it. This time, I felt that it left my hair slightly greasier near the roots and my hair would get oily faster. I don't know why that is but I do know that it didn't work out this time.
Would I repurchase? No, it's the end of the relationship with this one.

Neutrogena Shampoo - Anti-Residue Formula -- I purchased this due to a suggestion from a friend when I mentioned that I should try to look for a clarifying shampoo. This acts as an average clarifying shampoo, in my opinion. The one con about this is that it does not smell good. It's not terrible but definitely not good.
Would I repurchase? Not likely. Small bottle for the price. 

Aussie - 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment Conditioner -- This stuff smells amazing. Like coconuts? I'm not exactly sure but it smells lovely. In just a few quick minutes, you will get very soft, nice smelling hair. 
Would I repurchase? Yes.



Personal Care

Crest 3D White Toothpaste in Radiant Mint -- I can't remember where I got this sample sized product from but I have mentioned this product in my last empties. I do see a difference and a pro for me is that it doesn't cause teeth sensitivity.
Would I repurchase? Yes. 

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Toothpaste (Enamel Repair) -- I got this sample from my dentist and it does help relieve teeth sensitivity. Nothing too exciting about toothpaste.
Would I repurchase? Likely. 

St. Ive's Purifying Sea Salt Body Wash -- This is not a wash that you use everyday if you have dry skin as it is a little harsh for the skin due to the sea salt. Good for minor exfoliation of the skin while cleansing.
Would I repurchase? Maybe.


Makeup Related

Berkley and Jensen Cotton Rounds -- This is part of a large 10 pack, I believe, that I purchased from BJ's. I'm not very picky when it comes to cotton rounds. As long as they work, don't fall apart easily and are a good deal, it's all good.
Would I repurchase? Still have more, but likely to in the future. 

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes -- I have bought many packs of these before so that already tells you that I really like these wipes. They don't leave an oily residue and are gentle but effective at removing your makeup.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

St. Ive's - Fresh Skin - Makeup Remover & Cleanser -- Sadly, this is not sold anymore but I do really like this product. I sometimes used this after using my makeup remover wipes if I feel like I need extra cleaning. This is a very gentle formula that does remove your makeup without stripping your skin of moisture.
Would I repurchase? If this was sold in stores again, I would.


2 comments:

  1. That Aussie conditioner looks amazing! It looks super nourishing and I think my hair would love the extra moisture! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete