Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 2014 Birchbox Unboxing!

Hello everyone!

      This is my first beauty post for the 2014! My first post for 2014 was actually a fashion post which you can check out here if you're interested. :)
      I got my box today, so it was time to share! For this month's box, I was more intrigued with the contents compared to last month's.


Goodies:

1) Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner-- I didn't even know dry conditioners existed. At a quick glance I thought it was a dry shampoo at first. This is definitely something new for me! "This dry conditioner is specially formulated with a blend of nourishing ingredients, including argan oil, to weightlessly refresh and recondition hair. Restore shine, softness and hydration on day two and extends the life of a blowout." Value: $9.38, 1.2 oz. [Regular: $25, 3.2 oz]



2) Nail Rock Nail Caviar in Moon -- I have never owned any caviar polishes and I honestly have never really taken a liking to them. Maybe I will give this a try, yet at the same time I'm imagining how hard it will be to remove them later on even though on the box it says that it easily comes off with regular nail polish remover. Oh the dilemma. haha. This is a UK brand by the way and the caviar pearls do look quite pretty. Value: $6.99, 0.3 fl oz. [Regular: same!] Full size product!
Nail Rock Nail Caviar (Moon)




















Caviar Pearls (left without flash, right with flash)

































3) Revealed Eye Shadow Palette Sampler by Coastal Scents -- This consists of four nude and metallic shadow samples. I swatched them for you guys which will give you more of a visual. Value: ~$3.60, 2.4 g Full size palette with 20 shadows: ~$20


Left to right: A, B, C, D
(A) is a soft brown eyeshadow with a little sheen to it. It is not as pigmented as the eyeshadow looks but still has a decent color payoff. (B) is shimmery champagne/ taupe color that would make a really nice all over lid color. (C) is a darker brown color that also a shimmer-like sheen to it. I found the color to be less pigmented than A. (D) is a matte black color that I found to be kind of chalky.

4) Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume Sample -- I personally never cared for perfume samples all that much because they only last about 3-4 spritzes and are hard to spritz out. At least for me. Its smell consists of "delicious wild berries with creamy vanilla and bright jasmine." It does seem to smell pretty nice. Value: ~$2.60, 0.05 fl oz or 1.5 ml [Regular: varies depending on different size; $52, 1 oz.]

Outside, Inside

 

Birchbox Find: Sometimes Birchbox includes an additional product or so that is in addition to our usual samples, not in place of.

5) Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage -- This is a nice size for a sample product. Enough of it to actually try out and I like that it is a 99% natural product. A coupon for $3 off any Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Face Care Product was also included. Value: $2.52, 0.25 oz / 7 g [Regular: $18, 50 g]


      The total value of my box for this month, not including the Burt's Bees, is around $22.57. Included in the box were some postcard- like cards with some suggestions for motivation and happy which cute. I've included pictures of these so that they may help inspire or motivate you guys. :) What do you guys do to stay motivated or happy?




I hope this new year has been treating you all well so far! If you guys made resolutions, I hope you are still sticking to them. Thanks for reading! :)


2 comments: