Sunday, February 8, 2015

Lip Product Fails from Sephora (Sephora Collection, Make Up Forever, and BITE Beauty)

      When there is a deal at Sephora, you just can't pass it up. That definitely applied during their Black Friday $10 deals! I grabbed the Origins mask set, Ciate duo nail trinket set, lip duos by Sephora and Make Up Forever, as well as a lip trio by Bite. The product fails, as seen from the title, were unfortunately all of the lip products I purchased. I am not much of a lip gloss person, but that doesn't really stop me from wanting to try them and maybe find a gloss that I actually really like.



      Let's start with the Sephora lip duo. These are full-sized cream lip stains in the colors 04 and 08 (Cute Pink) that normally retail for $13 each. 04 was a matte, burgundy red color on the lips that dried quickly on the lips. Application was easy but the biggest con with this one was the result on the lips afterwards. All your lip lines are extremely accentuated which is not at all flattering. It kind of looks like you slapped on paint on your lips that ended up cracking. 08 (Cute Pink) is described on Sephora.com as a "shimmering rich hot pink." It was definitely a hot pink that was not flattering on the lips at all. Also, the formula was just all wrong. I don't know if I got a bad tube or if the formula is just like that but it was clumpy and applied on the lips all streaky and in patches. Definitely not what I had in mind when I had purchased these two lippies.




      Next up, the Make Up Forever Get Glossy set, also containing full-size products that retail for $19 each. It came with Lab Shine D14 (Shimmering Indian Pink) and Lab Shine D16 (Shimmering Beige). From the packaging, it sounds like you would get super shiny, glossy lips. While they are quite glossy with shimmers in the formula, giving you the light-reflecting properties, they weren't particularly pigmented on the lips which is something I prefer in glosses. On my lips, the two products essentially looked almost the same on my lips, so I was not wow-ed. Alone on the lips, they are nothing special, in my opinion. Over another lip product, I can see them being a nice top gloss but still nothing overly exciting. The other colors in the Diamond Collection may provide better results, but these two were also abeige no-go for me.


 There are some slight color variations due to lighting as such, but I tried my best to capture the actual colors.

Lab Shine D14
Lab Shine D16
Left: D14 (shimmering indian pink)
Right: D16 (shimmering beige)


      Lastly, the Lush Lip Trio by Bite, featuring Rambutan, Currant, and Strawberry. These full-sized lip glosses retail for $22 a piece. It claims to be made with real fruit and healthy ingredients which definitely is appealing. The main thing I didn't like about this product was the smell and taste of it. It had a very chemical-like smell and taste which is a total turn-off for me. I did not find the colors that amazing or pigmented and the glosses felt a little heavy on the lips. Out of the three, I was most excited to try Currant because I thought it would be a nice berry color but if I had to choose out of the three, I preferred the color of Strawberry.

Top to bottom: Strawberry, Currant, Rambutan
Left to right: Currant, Strawberry, Rambutan

      Unfortunately, these lip products did not work out for me and I am extremely grateful to Sephora's return policy because many times, things just don't work out. I will definitely be keeping an eye out the next time Sephora's Black Friday deals roll out to snag some goodies. ;)  Thanks for checking out this post. I hope you liked the photo-filled post and that my thoughts were helpful. Have you guys tried these out where you enjoy them or did they also not work out? Let me know your thoughts! :)

1 comment:

  1. i love the dark sephora shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win the rose gold GHD set on my blog - click here!

    ReplyDelete